Some points that I want to make are the following:
- I am not aware of ANY department, program, school, curriculum etc at any school in any country which focuses on water and sanitation from a christian perspective to water and sanitation.
- The Loma Linda University School of Public Health is in a prime position to have an academic program on water and sanitation from a religion perspective.
We are in this prime position because:
- We are re-energizing and re-designing our School of Public Health
- We recognize our strength as a religious school of Public Health
- There are MANY Christian NGOs with WASH as a top priority
- WASH and Tropical Medicine represents the beginning of public health at this school
- MANY students are in the market for a graduate education in Global WASH public health
I say "religion" because WASH theory, hypotheses and other academic perspectives on water, sanitation, and hygiene are from Islamist, Hindu, then Christian traditions.